- Where a GFIM Dealing Member or its registered trader contravenes any provision in the
rules of the GFIM, the GFIM may after giving the dealing member an opportunity of
hearing, sanction the registered trader or dealing member or both by one or more of the
- a written reprimand;
- a penalty indicating the amount, the manner and period within which it must be paid;
- suspension from trading in securities listed on GFIM giving the reasons for and the
period the suspension will last;
- expulsion from trading in securities listed on GFIM; and
- any other sanction determined to be appropriate under the circumstance.
- A penalty imposed under these rules shall not be lower than 500 penalty units and not
more than 10,000 penalty units.
- A GFIM Dealing Member suspended or expelled shall be liable to settle all outstanding
trades executed prior to the suspension or expulsion.
- The GFIM shall on a quarterly basis, report sanctions imposed on a GFIM Dealing
Member to the regulator.
A complaint by an investor or a GFIM Dealing Member about a GFIM Dealing Member shall be in writing to the GFIM.
All disputes shall prior to being taken to the courts, explore settlement in the order below:
- by reference to the head of the GFIM; and
- if not resolved within 10 business days, by reference to the Governing Committee or
Board of the GFIM; and
- if not resolved after a further 10 business days, by reference to the Securities and